Yes, You Can Be a Beacon and Light Up Some Lives

Today I am grateful for the simplicity of fried eggs and for a nice early morning walk with our dog Oliver in milder temperatures.

There are a couple of songs from "Y" artists that come to my mind today. Owner of a Lonely Heart (my theme song on some sad, drunken nights) from the group Yes and Yvonne Elliman's If I Can't Have You. 

But I am putting my focus today on two songs that start with the letter "Y" and the word "You."
I previously wrote a blog post, early in my blogging career, about Donna Fargo's You Can't Be a Beacon If Your Light Don't Shine.  Read it here.

You Light Up My Life by Debby Boone from the 1977 movie also comes to mind. It was a huge hit for Boone, and one that I really liked. Sure, it may fit the "sappy" label a little, but it still touches me.

The life lessons in both songs continue to motivate my efforts to practice gratitude. Between trying to be a beacon for others and giving thanks to those who bring light to my life, I am one grateful, music-loving writer today.

Comments