B.S.

Today I am grateful for a warm parka on a cold and brisk morning. I am also grateful for a new and affordable exercise bike.

With my blog focus in recent weeks being on music, I have had ample time to be reminded of songs and musicians that mean something to me. No BS here. Music has made a real difference in my life. I guess you could say my life has its own soundtrack. All of our lives do.

And on my soundtrack you will definitely find Bruce Springsteen, Bob Seger, and Billy Squier. Coincidentally, all share the same initials of B.S. Bruce and Bob add to my list of favorite running songs with Born to Run and Against the Wind. The Boss' Glory Days, I'm Goin' Down and Thunder Road along with Seger's Old Time Rock and Roll and Still the Same rank as some of my favorites from these prolific hit-makers.

Billy Squier's My Kinda Lover was #148 on the jukebox in the local bar I frequented in my drinking days. Surprising what we remember isn't it? Other favorites of mine from this B.S. were Everybody Wants You, Lonely is the Night, and Nobody Knows.

The duo Seals and Crofts deserve a mention here too, and another song in my "Top 5" if I had such a list-Summer Rain by Johnny Rivers.

Another area of no BS in my life: when I regularly practice gratitude, I am more at peace and I do better in my day.

Comments