A Matriarch's 85th

Today I am grateful for family time, safe travels for all this weekend, and more memories shared.

On Saturday, my mom celebrated her 85th birthday. Numerous children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren gathered to honor her and help her mark the occasion. She got several phone calls and her younger sister stopped in for a visit.

I enjoyed hearing some more stories from her youth and some more family history. And I must say it was kind of fun to put Mom on Facebook. My sister Zita posted a younger Mom and with my sister Leonice's photo, I posted a current one just taken of the birthday girl on her day. 

We read Mom some of the comments and told her about "likes." I think it all was beyond her non-techy experience, but we appreciated a chance to highlight this mother of 13, mother-in-law, grandma, great-grandma, sister and aunt. She probably would never use the word to describe herself, but she is indeed a matriarch to quite a brood.

Comments