M & M's

Today I am grateful for Sam's involvement in our church's youth group and for the joy that writing brings me.

Alliteration must be on my mind, because as I pondered "M" artists and songs I came up with Melissa Manchester and Maureen McGovern. These are a couple of blasts from the past. Come to find out with a little research that Melissa was discovered by Barry Manilow and sang back up for Bette Midler. Among Manchester's hits was a song titled Midnight Blue. Bringing up Barry Manilow reminds me of his hit Mandy.

Don't Cry Out Loud and Looking Through the Eyes of Love are two of my favorites from Manchester. Through the Eyes of Love was the love theme from the 1978 movie "Ice Castles." Can I just say what a cutie Robbie Benson was? For a flashback, check this out. For even more of a flashback, try this one.

McGovern's big hit The Morning After was from the 1972 movie "The Poseidon Adventure." Bette Midler had a big hit with another movie song-Wind Beneath My Wings-from the 1988 movie "Beaches"  "Beaches" is a favorite movie of mine. But my favorite song from the Divine Miss M is The Rose. 

I was confused in thinking that Maureen McGovern also sang Torn Between Two Lovers. Alas, I was mistaken. But wouldn't you know, it was sung by Mary MacGregor.

All of these M's have made me hungry for some M & M's. I am grateful for all of the music and all of the chocolate I enjoy.

Comments