Observing, Not Claiming

Today I am grateful for the opportunities my job gives me. I am also grateful for cough drops.

Following is a quote I saw recently:

Observe the wonders as they occur around you. Don't claim them. 
Feel the artistry moving through and be silent.
(Jalaluddin Rumi)

Observe the wonders. Each and every day, life is loaded with wonders. Air to breathe. Electricity. 
Sunshine. Traffic laws. Pause. Look. Listen. You may be surprised at what you notice, and to notice is to acknowledge with appreciation.

Don't claim them. Those wonders that abound aren't happening because of me, they are happening for me and for you. They are part of a bigger picture of amazing life. They are part of the work of power sources well beyond those human.

Feel the artistry and be silent. There is artistry in human movement. There is artistry in the play of light through a window. There is artistry in the flow of cars and trucks on the crowded freeways of early mornings.

Observe. Feel. Silence. It's a good start to mindful gratitude. 

Comments