Set in Motion

Today I am grateful for the high school our son Sam now attends and the dedicated and enthusiastic teachers we got to meet last night.

Speaking of dedicated and enthusiastic, I am dedicated to and enthusiastic about the practice of gratitude. These words from Sarah Ban Breathnach ring very true in my life:

"You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously 
giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will 
have set in motion an ancient spiritual law:
The more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you."

I am definitely not the same person I was when I started practicing gratitude, not two months ago, but two decades ago. The change in my thinking, perceptions, outlook on life, and where I put my energy have been profound. There is more to discover yet. I haven't arrived at some end point, and I look forward to more growth and learning. 

And that spiritual law isn't talking about getting more material things, though I guess that could happen when you have a better outlook and more energy. It is talking about more of the intangibles and the deeply spiritual--serenity, peace, mindfulness. And less taking the gifts in our life, human and other, for granted. 

Set in motion a gratitude practice in your life and see what unfolds. 

Comments