Jump at the Sun

Today  I am grateful for early morning quiet and for our local library and the access to
books it provides.

Jump at the sun? Sounds a little silly doesn't it?  Futile. Impossible. Why bother?
Here's why: 
"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at the sun.' 
We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." 
Zora Neale Hurston

Try new things. Give it your best shot, whatever "it" is. Face your fear. Take a failure and turn it into a success next time. Believe in yourself and your abilities. 

Jumping into the blogosphere was one of my sun jumps over four years ago. It got my writing off the ground in many ways. It has made such a difference in how I see myself as I writer. 

Whatever your version of jumping at the sun is, I encourage and exhort you to go for it today. See where it takes you. 




Comments