I would rather . . .

Today I am grateful for my hearing and the enjoyment of listening to good music. I am also grateful for time to visit with my sisters in BC survivorhood Claire and Candy.

I have a few quotes I have gathered in the little notebook I keep in my purse. They show up in posts fairly regularly. I have collected quotes as long as I have been writing. I have them in notebooks, on random pieces of paper, framed on the wall, and more.

I so appreciate the words of others, especially when they really strike a chord, 
like this quote did:

"I would rather be able to appreciate things I can not have than to 
have things I am not able to appreciate."
(Elbert Hubbard)

Today I will appreciate what I have to use for comfort and basic needs, the people who love me (and tolerate me when I am not acting lovable), and each of my five senses, all in good working order.

And I will appreciate the things I dream of but don't yet have-like a bigger kitchen, a master suite with walk-in closet, a trip outside the U.S.

It all starts with awareness and appreciation of the here and now.

Comments