You Can't Win If You Don't Play

Today I am grateful for quality headphones to help me enjoy quality music. I am also grateful for the opportunities this day offers.

There was much in the news this week about the huge multi-state Powerball jackpot. I usually don't pay much attention to it, but the frenzy was hard to miss. I even got involved in the hoopla. A few co-workers and I threw in a little money and bought several tickets. We shared several laughs as we pondered the "what ifs" of a win. I am out $4.00, but we had some fun and that is worth more than the money for sure.

I rarely participate in the lottery. I know, you can't win if you don't play. I would rather apply that idea to my daily life. You can't win at life if you don't participate in it.

By win I don't mean succeed in the financial and career arenas that seem to drive so many, sometimes to the detriment of everything else in their lives. By win I mean find joy in each day, in one's present circumstances. To play and participate simply means engage with those around you, embrace the emotions that comprise a typical day. Throw in mindful presence and you are on your way to winning some positive energy.

My odds of contentment are very good with this approach.  Let's give it a try today.

Comments