Never Seen This One Before

Today I am grateful for snow shovels and recliners.

The "Word for the Day" earlier this week on www.gratefulness.org was:

"This is a wonderful day. I've never seen this one before."
(Maya Angelou)

Maya Angelou is another example of a writer who wrote from a place of pain and was transformed by both the pain and the writing. That is how I see it anyway. I appreciate her work and the legacy she has now left. A true writer's legacy. She was many things-poet, writer, singer, civil rights activist. Like so many others, I am very thankful the pain of her youth didn't silence her forever. What a voice!

Have you found your voice? Do you have something to say or write today? Write on!

I appreciate the newness of this day. It is indeed a wonderful and fresh opportunity to make a difference, to perceive the world and myself through a lens of gratefulness. I have never seen this day before, but I welcome it with open heart and mind.

And with that in mind, I will next bundle up and head out for a run as my way of greeting the day.
Have a good day!  



Comments

  1. Makes me think of -"each day is a little life."
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that one too. And those daily little lives add up to some amazing years if you ask me. Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment