How wild?

Today I am grateful for time with my friend Julie and for comfortable shoes to wear.

I have been hanging on to this quote in my draft posts for some time. It is time to let it be.

"It was my life-like all lives, mysterious and irrevocable and sacred. So very close, so very present, so very belonging to me. How wild it was, to let it be."
(Cheryl Strayed)

If you have not read the book "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed, or seen the movie of the same name, starring Reese Witherspoon as Strayed, I would recommend both. I don't know when Strayed composed the quote above. It could very well have been when she was hiking the Pacific Crest Trail alone.  

It doesn't matter when she wrote it. The words matter. They reach me as I sit in my recliner composing this post. As I ponder the mysterious, irrevocable, and sacred nature of my own life of over fifty years. As I cherish this life that is mine and mine alone. 

Letting it be can feel wild, can feel like a loss of control when trying too hard to control.  So indeed, let it be. Wild and carefree. Let it unfold today. In all of its mysterious, irrevocable, and sacred ways.

Comments