Dreams or Awakenings?

Today I am grateful for the opportunity to witness another sunrise and for our dog Oliver and his gentle, loving eyes.

The following quote from one of my favorite psychiatrists/psychotherapists of the mid-20th century, reaches me at a visceral level that I more fully appreciate at 50 years of age than I could have at 20, 30, or 40.

"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. 
Who looks outside, dreams, who looks inside, awakens."  
(Carl Gustav Jung)

There was a time in my life when going within was not a healthy place. Fear, self-pity and ingratitude resided there. They hid my true heart and soul from me.

Recovery from alcoholism, growing faith, and gratitude practice have helped heal me and clear a path to my heart and soul. Talk about awakenings!

Comments