Various Pints

Today I am grateful for a good MRI report on Sam's knee and also for the beauty of a fresh snowfall on the trees this morning.

So I mindfully ate a pint of ice cream last night and enjoyed it. (Mindful eating can take many forms.)
I know, I was trying to eat healthier. But sometimes nothing soothes like ice cream.

I will justify and joke with Darcy that he can have his beer and I will have my ice cream. (Believe me, I eat more ice cream than he drinks beers.) There's something to that. I hadn't thought about a pint of alcohol for quite awhile, until last evening. I wasn't thinking of it like I missed it and wanted one, but more about the memories and the measurement.

There was a time I downed a pint of alcohol as easily as I did a pint of ice cream. One of my favorites back in the day was a pint of something called sloe gin. (Think red and syrupy.) I would wager that in some of the friendly bets I had with friends and be happy when I "lost."

I'm so very grateful those days are behind me. I am so very grateful recovery is in my present and also in front of me. That's the plan.

Today my choices between various pints involve flavors of ice cream, not types of alcohol.

I am thankful for choices today. What are some of the choices you are thankful for?

Comments