A Bite at a Time

Today I am grateful for humor and laughter. I am also grateful for modern medical technology and that Sam got through his knee MRI well.

And I am grateful for the variety of food available to us. I really enjoy eating. "Run to eat, eat to run" is one of my mottos. I tend to do some overeating over the holidays. Eat only when hungry?  Not with all of these goodies around.  So I pay the price with a little added weight and I reach the point of saturation. I become ready again to be a more mindful and wise eater.

That is where I am at now. Or at least where I am trying to be now. Healthier options. Smaller portions. No late-night snacking. A more mindful approach to each bite. A bite at a time allows me to slow down and savor what I am eating.

It also allows me to be grateful for how my food got in front of me. I have many factors and human interventions along the way to thank for pretty much all the food I consume. I don't have a garden or raise chickens or livestock (though I very much appreciate my farm upbringing and today's farmers).
Many others make it possible for me to enjoy the food I have.

A bite at a time. A moment at a time. And a pause to pray for those who will know true hunger today. 

Comments