Go Now . . . Your Own Way

Today I am grateful to be able to laugh at myself and circumstances. I am also grateful to be able-bodied and to enjoy shoveling some snow off of our driveway.

Go Now by the Moody Blues and Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac are two favorite songs by two of my favorite artists. I could list many more songs by both groups . . . but then G would get sidetracked. So how about a quick mention of the '80's group The Go-Go's and my favorite song Vacation?  On a side note, kudos to The Go-Go's for being the first all-female group to write their own songs, play their own instruments, as well as sing their songs. They had solid success at it.

Go Now is the first track on "The Best of the Moody Blues" CD that I listened to many, many times on my commutes over the years. Go Now was like a directive for me. Go now into this day, a moment at a time. Go now and do the next right thing. Go now and listen to more Moody Blues like I'm Just A Singer (In a Rock and Roll Band), Question, and The Story in Your Eyes.

Fleetwood Mac's Go Your Own Way was one of the tracks on their hugely successful album "Rumours"  from 1977. It is in the top 10 of best selling albums of all time. We had the 33 vinyl version and I listened to it often thanks to our console stereo. Remember those?

Like Go Now, Go Your Own Way became more of a guide for me. I know both songs are about relationships breaking up, but to me they were about finding my way in this world. That was really important in my early years and into my teens. It remains important today, it just doesn't have the urgency it did then. And that's a good thing.

I go now into this day, on my own way in life, but not alone and not lonely. For that, I am deeply grateful. 

Comments