A Couple of "I" Songs from a Couple of "J" Artists

Today I am grateful for my husband Darcy and our marriage. I am also grateful for fingers that work on computer keyboards.

Imagine by John Lennon (released in 1971) and I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash (released in 1972) are two songs that I have never tired of listening to over the decades.

Imagine was full of messages the world needed in the early 1970's. We need the same messages today. Living for today. Living life in peace. Sharing the world. "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us and the world will be as one." More love and tolerance, beginning in our own homes and going out to the wider community and world, can make all the difference.

I Can See Clearly Now,
if I had to pick just one, would probably win out as the most meaningful song in my life. I wrote about it briefly in New Glasses (Point #4), a post from January 18, 2013. Something in this song-the lyrics, the promise-gave me hope when I most lacked it. Some of the lyrics include:

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright, bright, sun-shiny day
Look all around, there's nothin' but blue skies
Look straight ahead, nothin' but blue skies


Those words used to indicate what I could only imagine-a healthy perspective. Today, I can live with a healthy perspective if I do a few simple things. One of those is to start my day in a grateful frame of mind, then work to keep it there.

Action is required. Imagining is a start, but only a start. I can't see clearly if I don't open my eyes.

Comments