The Brothers Gibb

Today I am grateful for muscles to train and strengthen. I am also grateful for my husband Darcy and our marriage.

The Bee Gees came to my mind right away as I headed into the alphabet. I actually liked the non-Bee Gee Gibb brother a lot when he hit the charts too. Andy Gibb had huge success before his untimely death. But I confess that Barry Gibb was always my favorite and the most easy on the eyes. He is also, sadly, the only surviving member of the trio.

What great voices these brothers contributed to their songs. I loved many of their earlier hits.
To name a few:

*How Can You Mend a Broken Heart
*Run to Me
*I Started a Joke
*Words
*To Love Somebody
*Massachusetts
*Lonely Days
*New York Mining Disaster

I wasn't a big disco fan, but their second era of success was indeed impressive. Some of my later favorites included:

*Nights on Broadway
*Tragedy
*Fanny (Be Tender With My Love)

I grew up listening to the Bee Gees. Their songs still move me. Thank you for such great music!
And I do appreciate that I can pull up any of these on YouTube and enjoy them.

Other "B" songs and artists that come to mind include Bread and Bon Jovi, Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel, and The Who's "Behind Blue Eyes."

Who and what would you add to today's list?


Comments