Oliver Neglected

Today I am grateful for safe travels to and from South Dakota and time with Darcy's family. It is always good to see them and get caught up. I am also grateful for our dog Oliver.

Here is Oliver in a recent photo:



I realized this morning that I had been neglecting Oliver lately. Certainly we always make sure he is fed, has enough water, and gets outside several times a day. We take him for runs when the weather and conditions are cooperative. But I had been neglecting the little moments with Oliver. The belly rubs. The kisses on the nose. The times just sitting in one another's company.

Too busy I guess. Isn't that sad? Too busy for who and what I love? Time to get my priorities straight.

Come here Oliver. Let me thank you for the smiles, joy, and peace you bring into our home.  Let me thank you for how you remind me to stretch after sitting too long, rest often, and to always be happy to see those I love. Thanks Oliver!

Comments

Post a Comment