Traditional to Eclectic

Today I am grateful for bright sunshine, good wisdom from others in recovery, and for time to catch up with my friend Jenny.

It has been a nice week for our spring break. We enjoyed time with some of my family, and time to explore an Iowa community I had never visited before-Pella. Then we enjoyed a March snowstorm from our own living room and appreciate that the snow is disappearing quickly.

Darcy and I experienced both traditional and eclectic in Pella. From these two windmills, to the food we ate and the shops we perused. The first windmill is a working replica of a typical Dutch windmill. The second is an eclectic version we saw when we went running on Tuesday morning. 



We enjoyed the traditional Dutch letter pastry and also an eclectic platter of authentic Greek food. 
Who knew? Great Greek food in a Dutch community.  We were looking for some home decor for our updated kitchen area. We found both traditional and eclectic, sometimes within the same item.

I have my traditional approach to gratitude practice-writing daily in my journal. And I have some eclectic approaches. An A-Z list while I commute. A momentary pause on an early morning walk to take in the awe of the stars and moon.

Traditional and eclectic. Both have their place. Both are appreciated. 

Comments