Some Quotes to Ponder

Today I am grateful for a laptop that works consistently. I'm also grateful for the desire to learn. There is so much out there still untapped by my little brain.

In case you are skeptical about gratitude always being possible, maybe these two quotes will give you something to ponder:

"Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so let us all be thankful." (Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama)

"We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms--to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances." (Viktor Frankl)

I love both quotes because if I have gotten a little whiny or slide back into some self-pity, the words of these two men slap me out of it pretty quickly. Frankl's quote also reminds me that there isn't much I really can control . . .but two things that I can control are my attitude and actions. Gratitude gives me a more positive outlook and attitude which tends to lead to more considerate actions.

Today is a blessing. Enjoy the hours ahead.








Comments