Practice, Practice

Today I am grateful for the inspiration I have to write, my friends Jenny and Jill and my cousin Julie, the kindness shown to me by many each day, and the sound of my son Sam's laughter.

I jumped into the middle of an A-Z gratitude list this morning. I mentioned this in an earlier post, but it's a great way to do gratitude on the go. And you'll probably surprise yourself at how quickly you can come up with 26 or more. Sure the end of the alphabet gets a little tougher, but I just use the "x" like it sounds....extraordinary, exceptional, and so on.

Habitual gratitude requires practice and more practice. But it is the best work I do every day. It can literally change my perception of my life and the world for the better. That is powerful stuff.

Have you gotten started? What are you waiting for? Give it a try and if you have to on some days, just "act as if" but keep going.

I would love to hear how it's going for you. Having done this blog for over 30 days now, I can tell you that it has enhanced my level of gratitude substantially. Putting the extra thought into what I will write in each post and then sitting down and composing it and sharing it with others keeps gratitude on my mind more during the day and that is a good thing. Thanks for being out there for me!

Comments