A Closet Full

Today I am grateful that finding and restoring my faith is possible daily; starting with small actions like prayer, letting go, writing in my gratitude journal, reaching out to others in emails. I'm also grateful for a phone call from an old friend and for my favorite pair of jeans.

If you are like me, your closet may have more clothes and shoes in it than you need. But you can't beat a favorite pair of jeans or shoes that always feel comfy and fit. I justify a closet full because I buy most of it at consignment stores or when we get a good coupon for Kohl's. My husband Darcy suggested that every time I get a new pair of shoes, that I get rid of a pair. I try to do that. I also take care of my "good clothes" by washing them carefully and only wearing them as long as I need to. Of course, that means my clothes last longer than their trendiness, but I've never really been a trendy dresser. I go for comfort and slenderizing effect when possible.

My favorite pair of jeans are perfect from top to bottom and I love to wear them. The fact that they cost ten bucks a few years ago at our local consignment store is just icing on the cake.

Today I hope to keep my gratitude level like my closet already is...FULL.

Gratitude and closets.  What does that bring to your mind?

Comments