How "Habitual Gratitude" Was Born

Today I am grateful for push-ups, planks, and sit-ups. They are good exercises and require no additional equipment. I am also grateful for our dog Oliver and his ability to bring smiles and laughter.

I have been at this blog for 34 straight days now. There will be days I won't be posting, but if I am going to call my blog Habitual Gratitude, I better be habitual in my posting. As we do some traveling in the coming weeks and months, I will likely take a break from my computer. My mom doesn't have Wi-Fi for one thing. I could try it on my phone, but I don't have the patience for that. I also believe that it is a good and wise thing to take a break from technology from time to time.

Gratitude is definitely ingrained in my brain and thought processes now, and blogging about it has only confirmed that. Let me tell you how "Habitual Gratitude" was born. I had been pondering starting a blog for months; doing research on how to start one, throwing around topic ideas, posting on other people's blogs to get a feel for that process, and more.

An appealing aspect of blogging is that I get to decide what goes on the blog. It's not the same as sending off an op-ed piece to a newspaper or a poem to a poetry contest. I do my own accepting and rejecting. After a series of rejections, I really moved into the mindset that I could and should blog. I didn't doubt that blogging would fit me because I have plenty to say and I can write prolifically. I will continue to submit to other sources, but this source is always open to me.

So when my sister Danita used the term "habitual gratitude" in an email, it all came together. That was the spark I needed; a sign to me that gratitude was the topic to go with. On March 27, my "Habitual Gratitude" blog was born.

Thanks for the inspiration Danita!

Comments

  1. Thank you Lisa. Sometimes I say the "darndest" things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment