Analogize This

Today I am grateful for the spring cleaning I did yesterday.  Grateful that I have a house to clean, grateful to be physically healthy and capable of the work.  Grateful for our Dyson vaccum. That sucker has pick-up power. :-)

Since I started this blog last week, I have gotten the benefit of thinking more about what I appreciate as I ponder my next post. I was thinking as I cleaned yesterday that there are some analogies to draw between spring cleaning and gratitude.  One is that we often overlook what is right in front of us. With the spring cleaning, that would be dust and cobwebs. With gratitude, it would be things like waking up next to my husband and having food in the fridge.  A second analogy came up as I tackled the windows and removed the winter grime. I got a better view when done.  Bingo!  Practicing gratitude gives me a better view too.

Comments