All the More Reason

Today I am grateful for conversations yesterday with friends who help me better understand life.  I am also grateful that a fire in our neighborhood didn't hurt anyone and that they got the pets out safely.

It was sad to see the burned out structure of someone's home and belongings, but a reminder of what's really important. How quickly one's day and one's life can change. Sometimes that means real challenges, like those that await this family whose house burned. 

All the more reason to remind ourselves daily of how blessed we are and to not take the people in our lives, our stuff, and each day we are given for granted.

Gratitude is always possible. Make it possible in your life today and share it with others.

Comments

  1. Lisa-
    I was searching for some inspiration to get into perspective an issue I am dealing with at church. I turned to your blog, which I haven't read for awhile, and found it in your words. The little insignificant things don't matter. Like you said what matters is the safety & health of your family & friends. After reading your last 7 posts I will have some things to think about & have a better perspective about my not so important situation. The best I can do now is move on & be positive & helpful in any way that I can, to build up & pracice gratitude. Thanks for your words of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment