My First Gratitude Journal

Today I am grateful for a bike tune-up. It's sure running smoothly now. I am also grateful for faith and prayer in challenging situations.

Here's the story behind how I started journaling about gratitude. My friend Terrie gave me the journal that became my first gratitude journal.  I am now on journal #9.

The journal was a birthday gift from Terrie in July of 1994. I recall Terrie "suggesting" that it would make a good gratitude journal. Terrie was one of my spiritual advisors, those people put in my life to help me to the next level of growth and positive change. When I walked into a room full of people, Terrie was one of those people who stood out. She had a class and confidence about her, and a laugh that I still miss. She had wisdom and grace and she shared it with others.

It took me some time, but by February of 1995, I began that journal. And I began a life-changing practice that I cannot stop talking about BECAUSE IT WORKS!

Terrie died in December, 2003, at age 64. She touched many lives and I will be forever grateful that mine was one of them. Thanks Terrie!

Comments