The Coming Daylight

Today I am grateful for my job as a school counselor and all the challenges and rewards it brings. No two days are ever the same and that is a blessing too. I am also grateful for the school I have worked at for 12 years now. It is a special place with special people.

I am a morning person. You may have figured that out by many of my blog post times. I have always been a morning person. The quiet and the promise of a new day are motivating to me. I am not a slow waker most days. My husband says I "shoot out of bed."  Not exactly, but I am ready to go. This morning I am ready to head out on a training run of 11-12 miles. I am looking forward to being out there as the light comes to this Saturday in Minnesota. I am looking forward to the songs I may get treated to on my radio as I run, but I will start with some quiet minutes in prayer and meditation first.

In a month, my husband and I plan to run a half-marathon. I've lost count of how many we have done.In September, we plan to run the Omaha Marathon, our tenth. My knee is good to go and I am so thankful for that. Running has been such a huge gift and blessing in my life. But my dream of running a marathon needed a little push, and that push came via a fun story . . . one of those "God's messengers" stories.  More on that tomorrow.

My run will be one step at a time. My gratitude is practiced one day at a time. Being present helps me enjoy gifts like the coming daylight.

Comments