Mindset not Measurement

Today I am grateful for safety from storms and for clothes for all seasons.

Thoughts and prayers go out to those already affected by Hurricane Matthew and those in the
storm's path.

I am also grateful for this message:


This is outside our local Maurice's clothing store, which I honestly don't ever shop at. My style is more consignment store and clearance racks. But I do walk past this store often, usually not noticing much of anything about it. The sign struck a chord with me yesterday though.

The small print reads "Style is a mindset, not a measurement."

I have never been a single-digit size sort of gal. And I think size 0 should be banished. So should the many societal and media messages about what is a good size and shape.  

Much more important than a number, the pertinent question is am I eating healthy and exercising? If I don't get hung up on numbers like pounds and inches, but feel good and have energy for my day, that's a good thing.

Gratitude is mindset, not a measurement as well. It is not about counting stuff, it is about appreciating people, places, experiences.

What is my mindset today?  What is yours?  How can we help each other? 

Comments

  1. What a great thought about mindset and gratitude. I think I create gratitude by my attention, a mindset. sizes 1-24, where do you see that? Usually it's plus sizes or women's sizes, too disgusting to say size up to 24. I too am sending prayers to the hose affected by hurricane. Sounds terrible

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment