"In daily life we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but gratefulness that makes us happy." Brother David Steindl-Rast

Friday, October 7, 2016

Mindset not Measurement

Today I am grateful for safety from storms and for clothes for all seasons.

Thoughts and prayers go out to those already affected by Hurricane Matthew and those in the
storm's path.

I am also grateful for this message:


This is outside our local Maurice's clothing store, which I honestly don't ever shop at. My style is more consignment store and clearance racks. But I do walk past this store often, usually not noticing much of anything about it. The sign struck a chord with me yesterday though.

The small print reads "Style is a mindset, not a measurement."

I have never been a single-digit size sort of gal. And I think size 0 should be banished. So should the many societal and media messages about what is a good size and shape.  

Much more important than a number, the pertinent question is am I eating healthy and exercising? If I don't get hung up on numbers like pounds and inches, but feel good and have energy for my day, that's a good thing.

Gratitude is mindset, not a measurement as well. It is not about counting stuff, it is about appreciating people, places, experiences.

What is my mindset today?  What is yours?  How can we help each other? 

1 comment:

  1. What a great thought about mindset and gratitude. I think I create gratitude by my attention, a mindset. sizes 1-24, where do you see that? Usually it's plus sizes or women's sizes, too disgusting to say size up to 24. I too am sending prayers to the hose affected by hurricane. Sounds terrible

    ReplyDelete