Blocking or Aiding?

Today I am grateful for a better night's sleep and for take-and-bake pizza for an easy meal.  I am also grateful for time with our grandson Leo.

The lessons of grace just keep coming in recent days. Consider this quote:

"The winds of grace blow all the time. All we need to do is set our sails." 
(Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa)

Grace is always available to me, but I am not always available to it. I make myself unavailable. Am I blocking the work of grace and stalling out any hope of sailing? Or am I aiding the breeze and allowing sails to billow and carry me forward?

I block the winds of grace when I overthink and overdo, when I try to manage unmanageables, when I become impatient. These are all aspects of my humanness, and they will crop up from time to time.
My goal is less blocking, fewer obstacles in the way between myself and the grace that can liberate and allow me to fully live in the present.

I aid the winds of grace when I slow down and focus on my breathing, even for a few seconds. And when I remember my only areas of control are my own attitude and actions. If I want to set sail and skim lightly across the water of life, the lighter my load, the better. And the present, unencumbered by regrets from yesterday and worries about tomorrow, is a perfectly weighted load.

Grace and gratitude help me stay present. 

Comments