Tabletop Reflections

Today I am grateful for fresh air, lamplight, and the promise of this new day.

Last evening I was sitting at one end of our dining room table enjoying a glass of milk and a delectable bar. (It included chocolate chips and peanut butter, but was still a healthier version of dessert.) Dusk was arriving and the shade wasn't yet drawn. As I looked out the window, our granite tabletop reflected the bare trees in our backyard.

Those bare trees and that table brought me right back to another memory. It was September of 2008, two weeks after I had my first round of chemotherapy. On a Saturday afternoon, sitting at the opposite end of that same table, I had my head shaved. My head was pretty much bare, like the ash trees in winter.

My hair grew back. The leaves will return to the trees. I will continue to practice gratitude.

Comments