Scavenger Hunt

Today I am grateful for the wisdom of pausing, just pausing. I am learning to keep practicing this pause. I am also grateful for good fun in the form of a scavenger hunt.

I can't remember the last time I took part in a scavenger hunt. Until last Saturday that is. My friend Faith had a great idea and got it ready for the rest of us.Thanks Faith! We were randomly divided into two teams. It required driving from Lake City to Wabasha, about 15 miles down the road, so we took two vehicles. There was music from the eighties on the radio and strategizing going on as we made the short trip. The next couple hours were teamwork and friendly competition at their best.

There were about 20 different things on the list, ranging from a receipt for 50 cents in gas, to a picture of our team all on a slide, to a certain "Welcome to Wabasha" sign. We also needed a 1983 coin (for our graduation year) and a picture of an eagle in flight as well as an ice fishing shack (both also appropriate considering where we were). We had a great time being creative and observant and a little bit silly.

A number of the clues required a picture of the team taken with the required item or landmark. That meant several selfies, which can be a challenge when there are five of you to fit into one picture. It's a good thing we like each other. We came across the other team several times and did some good-natured ribbing. Though the outcome remains disputed, I stand by my team in victory.

Some of the clues on this scavenger hunt were tougher than others. Some took a little longer. But we also literally drove right by one clue while looking for another. Bonus! Finding gratitude is easier than your typical scavenger hunt, but starts with the same thing: paying attention. How many times in a day do I walk by or drive by a reason to be grateful? In my house, I may walk right past my working refrigerator on my way to get a drink of fresh water. Pausing in gratitude allows me to be appreciative of the house, the refrigerator, and the safe drinking water.

Why not go on a gratitude scavenger hunt today? See what you find. Write it down. Share it. Or simply enjoy it yourself and feel the positive power of gratitude in your day.

Comments

  1. I love this blog however, I do have to dispute the winners of this scavenger hunt. Eagle in flight, I'm just saying. Tooooo much fun. Rita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at least we are a creative bunch . . . and good sports :-) What is that saying "If you're going to soar with the eagles . . . ???" Thanks Rita!

      Delete

Post a Comment