Looking for Enjoyment

Today I am grateful for moderating morning temperatures (a.k.a. above zero) and for working eyes and ears to keep our dog Oliver and I safe on our morning walks.

I am also grateful for our local writing group that met last night, our facilitator, and the new people I got to meet last evening. Sharing the time and discussion was nice.

The gratitude journal I currently use was a gift from my friend Dorothy. It is big enough to allow two years of use and I am in the second year. It is also full of daily quotes. One might strike me this time around that I missed last time. Or my current state of mind might help a certain line or phrase to ring truer in my heart. This gratitude journal gives me a place to leave my thoughts on gratitude, but it also gives me back in terms of the quotes in it.

One recent quote was:

"It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness."
(Charles Haddon Spurgeon)

So far today:
*I enjoyed the walk with Oliver this morning and the fact that we didn't have to rush back in to get warm. We walked further than usual and it was a good way to welcome the new day.
*I enjoyed the first sip of my morning coffee, with a little bit of milk in it, just the way I like it.
*I enjoyed the words flowing off my pen on to today's page in my gratitude journal, creating a link from thought to action.
*I enjoyed the quiet house and the anticipation of my husband and son waking up and joining me.

I will be on the lookout today for more enjoyments. I will report back tomorrow. I would encourage you to start a list and carry it with you today. By this evening, you will have a nice gratitude list and likely have had a nice day to go with it.

Comments