Shorts and a T-Shirt

Today I am grateful for safe travels over the weekend and the enjoyable family time. I am also grateful for the beautiful weather we had the last couple of days.

I have been waiting for months for the opportunity to run outside in shorts and a t-shirt. I have been dreaming about such a day. Craving such a day. I got close one day a couple weeks ago. Capris and  one long-sleeved shirt. But yesterday was the real deal. Shorts and a t-shirt, a short-sleeved one. Layers be gone! I felt lighter, faster. And not just from those few pounds I have taken off. Though necessary, the layers added weight and bulk. It is freeing to shed them in these early days of spring.

The forecast promises chillier temperatures again soon, but I got a taste of what I have to look forward to. The layers may be needed again, but I know it will be only temporary. April is almost here. Rain showers today. Budding flowers in a matter of weeks.

It is worth mentioning too that this slow snow melt, though maddening for those of us with serious spring fever, has been beneficial in terms of avoiding flooding concerns, or at least lessening them. That is something we can all be grateful for, whether impacted directly or indirectly by the havoc flooding can cause.

I am grateful to be mobile, able-bodied and alive. I am grateful to have my husband Darcy running by my side. I am grateful for the job I return to today after a week off for spring break.

What are you grateful for today?

Comments