Mindful Gray

Today I am grateful for the feel of smooth-writing pens on paper. I am also grateful for eyes that work and see color.

The painting is winding down at our house. Rooms have been rearranged. Old has been upgraded to new. There is still plenty to do, but I think about all we have gotten done in the last week or so and it is a satisfying feeling.

We went with some new color schemes in a couple of our rooms. We have some soothing gray tones now that we are glad we selected. Maybe I shouldn't pick paint colors based on the name given to a particular color, but on the other hand a name like "mindful gray" has to be a good choice doesn't it? It already is or soon will be in all or part of three different rooms/areas of our house. Besides the gray being calming, I hope I remember the mindful part too.

Mindful. Present. Stay in today. Take one thing at a time. And try to appreciate that the white outside, in the form of fresh snow, is all part of the plan too.

Have a mindful day.

Comments