A Glorious Fifty Degrees!

Today I am grateful for simplicity and a taste of spring in the air to start the week off. I am also grateful for my friend Jill and our conversation yesterday.

Mother Nature served us up an absolutely glorious day yesterday. The kind of day that if you didn't already have spring fever, you do now. The thermometer topped fifty degrees. I drove my car with the windows down. There was some serious melting going on. I walked out in short sleeves in the middle of the afternoon. We opened some windows in the house to let in some fresh air. I heard a motorcycle when I was out running. That same cycle then passed me on my run and the guy gave me a little wave and I returned it. He wasn't anyone I know, but I guess we were acknowledging the great weather we were both out enjoying. Nice days are like some universal language we all share and understand.

Glorious is just the perfect word for the kind of day it was. If you live in a place where the climate isn't as extreme as it can be in the Upper Midwest, you may not fully appreciate what a day like this does for our individual and collective psyches. Especially after the winter we just had. (And I know it is likely not over yet. Winter usually gets the last laugh or two. In fact, we could see a little snow today.) 

But we will take the day we got yesterday. I fully appreciated it in many ways. I hope you did the same if you are in my neck of the woods. Spring may be here sooner than we would have thought even just a couple weeks ago when the wind chill was still well below zero. Thank you Mother Nature!

Comments