Blog On! Two Years of Blogging

Today I am grateful for rain to wash away some of the winter dirt. (And I am grateful it wasn't the snow some parts of Minnesota were getting, though we did see a dusting of that too.) I am also grateful for this blog and the many lessons it has taught me and continues to teach me on a regular basis.

A comment from my friend Sheila in an email yesterday reminded me that I have been blogging for two years already. In fact, my blog was born on March 27, 2012. You can read that first post titled "Welcome to Habitual Gratitude" here. In that post I said "In this blog, I plan to share thoughts, feelings, and actions surrounding gratitude." I wanted to help others see the effective and healthy benefits of gratitude practice. I hope I have done that. It continues to be a strong part of my motivation and inspiration.

What I didn't anticipate is how much more I would learn about gratitude and about myself. What an odyssey it has been. Part of my destination is right here, right now. But other parts of my destination remain unknown. I will blog on and see what else I find. And I will keep reporting back.

On March 27, 2013 I reflected on my first blog anniversary in a post titled "The Leap I Took One Year Ago Today." You can read it here. In that post, I commented "I have not run out of ideas to write about."  That was in post #330. Now I am on post #650 and that still holds true. In fact, I have a backlog of ideas in my little notebook and I have some drafts I started months ago that are still hanging out because I haven't made my way back to them.

What do I know today? Gratitude is always possible and there is always value in reflecting on sources of gratitude in our lives on a regular basis. I choose to do it daily, but even weekly or a couple times a week is helpful. Any focus on gratitude is a step in the right direction, a step to change one's perception of self and surrounding world.

Are you finding ways to reflect on gratitude? If my blog helps you in any way, I am grateful for the opportunity.

Have a good day! I will be taking a blog break for a couple days. See you next week.

Comments