Finding Enjoyment

Today I am grateful for the few pounds I have taken off and how that translates into better runs and feeling better in my clothes. I am also grateful for the little things in life that remind me of the many blessings we each get each day.

I ended up with a growing list of things I enjoyed yesterday. I happened to not be at work, which allowed for some opportunities I would have otherwise missed. I do enjoy many aspects of my job, but it does tend to be more stress-inducing than a day at home.

Here are some of the things I made note of yesterday as pleasurable, satisfying, gratifying, delightful:

-the taste of butter on warm toast, topped off with fried eggs
-sitting in our recliners conversing with my husband Darcy
-sweat running down my face during a good workout
-refreshing cold water to drink after that workout
-the satisfying feeling of pushing myself to run 5 miles at just over a 9-minute mile pace
-Oliver, our dog, always being excited to see us when we arrive home
-the gift of mobility
-the power of the sun-not only to warm the outdoors, but our souls after a long winter
-physical labor in that warmer March sun (getting snow off our roof and ice off our driveway)
-a delightful salad for lunch after building a voracious appetite through the morning
-enjoying that lunch with Darcy, just the two of us
-an afternoon nap
-the soothing aroma of my cup of vanilla spice tea
-a thought-provoking book to continue reading (more on that tomorrow)
-time to organize some of my writing materials

Seeking enjoyment isn't hard work. It's really just paying attention. Savoring the moments presented throughout the day. Finding enjoyment helps me find peace.

Comments