Shoelaces

Living gratefully today, I appreciate the functionality of things like shoelaces, buttons, snaps, and zippers. They serve an important, though simple, purpose.

Shoelaces. I really don't spend much time thinking about them. I can't say I have ever written much about them. And yet, as a runner especially, I fully appreciate that they provide the support and comfortable fit for my running shoes.

I have laced up thousands and thousands of time to go for a run. My fingers work the laces. My legs work the strides. Physical capabilities that are true blessings.

And I recall the milestone of learning to tie my shoelaces as a child. That was a big deal. I was proud of myself and received congratulations for my achievement.

Shoelaces serve a worthwhile purpose. They allow me to give purpose to my life through running. For that, I am grateful.


Comments