A Meditation 3 x 3

Today I am grateful for cucumbers and peaches, fresh with the first, frozen with the second. I feel good eating vegetables and fruits. My body appreciates it.

Today's post is a 3 x 3 on meditation. I have been an on-again, off-again meditator for years. I will have a good stretch, feel the benefits, then slowly slip away from it. It is of real value to me and I strive to incorporate it into my daily practices, much like living gratefully.

In recent weeks, I have done just that. Not daily, but at least regular practice of meditation. Here are some of the ways it helps me.

1. Physical and mental benefits
    a. an increased sense of calm
    b. the feeling of restfulness it brings, regardless of the amount of sleep I have or have not gotten.
    c. more mentally alert, less "foggy"

2. Emotional benefits
   a. that same increased sense of calm and patience
   b. more awareness of my emotions and their range
   c. welcoming the feelings and moving through them

3. Guided meditations
   a. free and easy to access online
   b. helpful to a nonstop thinker like me
   c. they truly are guides to where I need to go that day, during that time

Every healthy practice I embrace and engage in, whether it be running, writing, recovery work, reading, living gratefully, or meditation, is ultimately a spiritual practice too. Today, I appreciate the spiritual growth and receptiveness that meditation practice brings.

Do you meditate? How does it benefit you?  Do you hope to start meditating? Then do. Just start easy with a couple minutes of silence and tuning into your breathing. It's a good start for sure.





Comments