28 and 11

Today I am grateful for my stepson Arthur and for our dog Oliver. I am grateful for the heart connections I have with many people (and a few pets) in my life, over the course of my life.

Arthur celebrates his 28th birthday today, and Oliver also celebrates his 11th birthday. Two of the special guys in my life share a birthday. Happy Birthday to you both! I met Arthur when he was a few months shy of 7. We met Oliver when he was about two months old.

Over the years, I have watched Arthur grow into a fine young man, and now a husband, father, registered dietician doing meaningful work. He is passionate about several things in his life and it starts with his own family. Sure, the Packers are high on his list too, but like his dad, my husband Darcy, family tops the list of priorities. I love that I see Darcy's strong loyalty and commitment to his children now reflected in how his children are as parents.

And then there's Oliver. He came into our lives the same summer that cancer made a direct hit on me.
Oliver, the new puppy, helped Lisa the new cancer patient in many ways over those first months he was with us.  He continues to help me in many ways, mainly by reminding me to slow down, just breathe, stretch, laze in the sun when you can, never lose the child (or pup) within.  All of that is captured in this recent picture:


For the blessings you are in my life, for the blessings you bring to my days, thank you both. Have a special day! 

Comments