Parks and Lawns

Living gratefully, I enjoyed the beautiful weather and ample time outside this weekend. I also give thanks for my morning cup of coffee.

The time outside included some time in the backyard and at a couple of neighborhood parks yesterday with our grandson Leo. We were also treated to a video of our grandson Aaron "helping" mow the lawn at their house across the miles.

Sitting and watching Leo swing, and swing, and swing some more. Smiling at little Aaron pushing his toy mower. I relished those moments and they brought me a sense of calm and joy. I can conjure the images in my mind this morning and feel more of that calm joy.

We got lots of sun. We got plenty of fresh air and exercise. We enjoyed the company of our son and his girlfriend too. I practiced presence and immersed myself in the moment at hand. It was energizing and invigorating.

There is such value and benefit in simply paying full attention. I know I miss plenty in a day's time, getting caught up in my head and getting ahead of myself. I lose the moment at hand and it is gone forever.

Our grandsons help bring us back to right here, right now and that is one of their many gifts to us.

Comments