Little Jewels

Today I am grateful for my ten fingers and ten toes and the hands and feet they are attached to.

I like to understand the science and rationale behind what makes you and I tick, what can lead to greater peace and contentment. A couple recent posts of mine talk about this science. Read them here and here.

But what is most important day-to-day is that I take the actions that will support the science behind gratitude and happiness.  It doesn't need to take much time, but it does require conscious effort. If I don't give it conscious effort, my unconscious mind defaults to the negative and I head down a slippery slope.

Rick Hanson puts it simply--look for the little jewels each day. A few seconds here and there. Brief moments, savored and then stored and transferred between synapses in our amazing brains, one synapse at a time.

As evidenced by my recent posts, I am looking for these little jewels more regularly again. I had gotten caught up in my head and that slippery slope was getting slipperier.

Look for the little jewels today. Get back to firmer ground.

Comments