An Antique Power Show

Today I am grateful for time with my son Sam and for my husband Darcy and his hard work on many fronts.

Yesterday one closed door (not making it to bracket play in the baseball tournament) led to another open door. That was an outing for Sam and I to the Little Log House Antique Power Show.  It's an annual event that includes many opportunities for those who like history and especially the history of farming and agricultural equipment.

Sam is an avid fan of farm life and tractors. He can tell you a lot about a lot of different makes and models. We saw plenty of green and yellow at the show. The green and yellow of John Deere.

We caught part of a tractor parade, looked at some engines that were old but still in working order, walked through an area holding many restored tractors, and even did some shopping. Sam's shopping consisted of looking over some old tractor manuals and checking out some 1/64 scale model equipment to add to a display that he keeps in his room.

He didn't end up buying anything, but I got a refreshing black raspberry shake from a vendor. We both enjoyed the time to just look around and I appreciated my son and the unique person and thinker he is.  It was a part of my day I was grateful to share with him.

Today I will look for ways to share gratitude with others.

Comments