Video Footage Captured and Saved

Today I am grateful for the technology that allows us to get and keep video footage of special times in our lives. I am also grateful for the opportunities I regularly get to write and talk about gratitude practice.

As we often do on our anniversary, we pulled out our wedding video and watched some of it last evening. I so appreciate that we have this. We live in a digital age and people take having videos for granted. It wasn't always that way. Even in this 17 years, what was on a VHS tape was converted to a DVD, which is now becoming outdated.

It always brings me back to that evening. Yes, everyone looks younger and that can be bittersweet. But seeing my dad, who died just 3 months after our wedding, and Darcy's grandpa still getting around well, always touches me when I watch this. Not to mention, hearing us say our vows again.

I appreciate that we have hours and hours of footage of Sam since his birth. He sometimes pulls out a couple DVDs and watches them. We have plenty of footage of my stepchildren Arthur and Emily as well. Now, we can easily get our grandson Leo on video just using our phones.

Sometimes all the technology boggles my mind. Mostly I try to appreciate what is good about it and like everything else in life, use it in balance.

And to appreciate the images of loved ones and life experiences-big and small-that have been captured and saved.

Comments