Lightning, Thunder, Rain . . . Cooler?

Today I am grateful for our home and protection from storms. I am also grateful for our front patio and witnessing an early morning thundershower while sitting on it.

My husband Darcy and I are sitting having our coffee, protected from the elements, but still outdoors taking it in.  I love our front patio, the view, the calm I can feel sitting here, even amidst lightning, thunder, and rain.

This is a moment I can savor in my day. I can appreciate that this is nothing severe, that our lawn is getting a nice watering, that Darcy is next to me, that the coffee is good, that my five senses are all helping me be present to this.

And I can hope that before long these storms will be ushering in some cooler and drier air after days of oppressive heat and humidity.

Have a good day. Savor the moments.

Comments