Sisters in Sync

Today I am grateful for a better understanding of technology than I used to have. I am also grateful for my siblings.

I am thinking especially of my seven sisters. The word "sync" came to my mind because of some new technology I have been getting familiar with over the weekend. Add to that the fact that today is my sister Aileen's birthday (Happy Birthday!), that my sister Ruth and her husband Bob just visited, and that through one form of communication or another, I heard from each of my sisters in the days around my own birthday last week.

We are in sync about things like birthdays. We make the effort to keep in touch across the miles and to get together in person when we can. We are an eclectic group, and yet also share many similarities.

I am sending a hug and a hello out to my sisters, and also to my five brothers, Mom, and our extended family. We have much to be grateful for as a group, and those facing difficult times have the love and support of the rest of us. That is what family is about.

What are you appreciating most about your own family today? Share that appreciation with at least one family member. Gratitude shared is gratitude multiplied.

Comments

  1. Lisa
    Somehow I missed this excellent post. Write on!
    Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aileen! When 8 sisters can be in sync even once in awhile, that's impressive 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. i forgot you had such a big family! my mom comes from a pack of 13 as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristi,
      Big families were common in our area back then. And I think we have the same gender breakdown--5 boys and 8 girls. Your Aunt Jackie was my classmate. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment