Upkeep

Today I am grateful for cooler and better sleeping weather the last couple of nights. I am also grateful for the things in my life that require upkeep.

Upkeep does take effort, time, and energy. When you stop to consider it, pretty much everything that is important in our lives requires upkeep. From material things like houses, cars, yards, gardens, and clothes to human things like relationships, families, our bodies, souls, minds, and hearts.

There may be times I look at some of this upkeep as drudgery or as too much work. But when I look at it through the lens of gratitude, I tend to put the right kind of energy to it. There are so many people I cherish in so many different ways. Relationships require upkeep like communication, mutual respect, and forgiveness.

This body of mine, imperfect and flawed and all, deserves being kept up and performs much better when it stays hydrated, gets exercise and rest, and some healthy food.

It starts and ends with heart, soul, and mind though. If the upkeep on these is timely and balanced, the upkeep on the rest of what matters is made easier.

Where do you need to put your upkeep efforts today? I need to put mine to quieting and opening my mind.

Comments