Plodding My Way To Peace

Today I am grateful for a visit with my sister Ruth and her husband Bob, and for the opportunity to visit with and laugh with others.

I want to wish my stepson Arthur and his wife Alyssa "Happy Anniversary!" today on their second wedding anniversary. I am also grateful for a brief visit with them yesterday as well.

My husband Darcy and I had a good training run yesterday morning. We are so grateful he is feeling better and able to up his mileage. I was a little busy in my head when we left the house for the run, as evidenced by yesterday's post.

I tried to practice what I preach and after some initial mind swirling I began to focus on my footfalls and breathing and not much else. The word plodding came to mind. I was plodding along, a large-framed gal in the summer heat and humidity. One step at a time. One breath at a time.

In the plodding, my mind cleared and slowed, and I found peace. One mile at a time. One moment at a time.

Comments