Stand Under the Sky

Today I am grateful for the kindness of others and for the opportunity to give back in ways that matter.

I am also grateful for the natural world. It is such a source of peace and awe for me, a regular energy supply for my days. And a deep source of faith and spirituality.  So this quote fits today's post:

"When life feels too big to handle, 
go outside. 
Everything looks smaller when 
you're standing under the sky."
(L.R. Knost)

There are heavy and hard things playing out in the world, with people I care about, in my own corner too. Cancer. Anniversaries of unimaginable losses. Fear. Worry. Grief. And yet, these heavy and hard things are as much a part of life as the joy, the light, the love.

I am shown this gamut of emotion and experience when I step outside. Darkness fades and light comes each day. Dead leaves and grass give way to new buds and blades. Someone's last breath of fresh air is countered with someone else's first breath. 

I don't consider nature and life to be competitions, rather experiences meant to unfold. Just now, I stood under the stars for a few moments, and I felt a calm hope that today can be a good day. I felt a true peace that I am never alone in all of this. 

I do believe that light and love win over dark and heavy though. And living gratefully allows that belief to be more pervasive in my thoughts and actions. Onward! 

Comments