Papa and Gigi Time

Today I am grateful for time with our grandsons and their parents in recent days. I am also grateful that ongoing efforts tend to yield ongoing results when talking about most things worth doing.

Our grandson Leo, age 4, was overnight with us to close out last week and then we visited our other grandson Aaron, age 19 months, over the weekend. It was so nice to see them both and spend time enjoying their presence. Leo likes playing with the farm set and some of his uncles’ old toys at our house. He gets a kick out of helping with chores when he visits us and I get a kick out of figuring out things he can do. Like feeding Oliver or putting pillows back on the bed.

Darcy and I, a.k.a. Papa and Gigi, enjoyed a pleasant walk around the neighborhood with Aaron when we arrived for our visit. I also got to walk around the grocery store with him while his parents shopped early Sunday morning.

As I practice writing haiku, here is one about that experience:

Curiosity
A broom fascinates plenty
A mop even more 

To see the world through their eyes, to consider their vantage points, helps give me perspective.  Whatever my frame of mind might be at the time, I am brought to the awe of the present moment.

It also reminds me of how fast and fleeting time is, and precious. It goes fast and the infant and toddler days soon pass. Next thing you know, they are in high school.

Here they both are with smiles directed at me, the lucky recipient of their display of joy and curiosity.



Comments